Stargland™— the versatile, safe and efficient ‘live access tool’ that enables precise tracing of polyethylene (PE) gas pipework systems.
The Stargland™ system enables accurate tracing of buried polyethylene (PE) gas pipework systems under live gas conditions.
Key benefits include:
- Significantly reduces excavation, reinstatement and associated activities.
- Enables PE pipe systems to be accurately identified.
- Reduces operational cost.
How Stargland™ works. . .
Tracing of PE pipes is achieved by inserting a tracing wire and sonde through the live access system. The tracer wire and sonde is energised by use of a standard above ground signal generator and located by a cable avoidance tool. The live access system has been specifically designed using our unique Stargland™ gas seal technology – a robust system developed to avoid gas leakage during survey activities.
- Can be connected onto through wall house entry fittings up to 32mm diameter.
- Can be connected onto many types of emergency control valves (ECV).
- Can be connected directly onto 16mm, 20mm, 25mm, 32mm diameter PE pipes.
- Can be connected onto PE top tapping tees for tracing of pipe systems up to 180mm diameter.
- Can trace up to 50m for gas service pipes and 100m for mains.
- Approved to UK gas industry standards for use up to 75mbar, and higher for international applications.
Click here to download a detailed datasheet for Stargland™