M-CEX is a simple kit for the replacement or exchange of valves on live gas systems.
M-CEX™ is a series of rubber bungs called stoppers that are used for flow stopping. The stoppers are inserted under live gas conditions using a special seal and enclosure preventing the loss of gas from a pipe during the exchange process.
Originally designed for use on live gas service pipes back in 1992 for low pressure operations there is now a wealth of stoppers and access systems available as part of the M-CEX product range.
M-CEX™ is used by first call operatives and industrial/commercial teams. M-CEX saves having to isolate services and risers when emergency valves need replacing or the pipework needs altering, saving excavations and emergency team call outs.
Key benefits include:
- Specifically designed for operation in restricted areas.
- Significant reduction in the time consumers are off gas.
- Avoids the need for planned maintenance operations to isolate pipework systems particularly in multi-occupancy environments.
- Considerably reduces operational costs – saving up to £100 a use compared to traditional isolation. M-CEX has a low operational cost from £0.50 per use.
For Gas pipes the M-CEX System can provide live access into the pipe using:
- Emergency Control Valves ½” BSP/BS746 to 1 ¼” BSP/BS746.
- Domestic Kit – low pressure.
- Semi Concealed Emergency Control Valves ¾” BSP/BS746 to 1” BSP/BS746.
- Semi Concealed Domestic Kit low pressure.
- Emergency Control Valves 1 ¼” BSP/BS746 to 2” BSP/BS746.
- Commercial Kit low pressure.
- Emergency Control Valves 3” BSP/BS746 to 4” BSP/BS746.
- Industrial Kit low pressure.
- A house entry tee exchange (HET or through wall fitting) 16 to 32mm low pressure.
- Emergency Control Valves ¾” BSP/BS746 to 1 ¼” BSP/BS746
- Domestic Kit – 4 Bar.
Where can M-CEX™ be used?
The following matrix highlights the different access fittings, sizes, pressures, and permutations.
Please note local network approvals vary against network operational procedures.