Leading the field for ‘concept to delivery’ innovation
Synthotech’s Research and Development division has a demonstrable track record in the design, development, manufacture and supply of advanced pipeline solutions to major asset utility infrastructure companies. We have a global reputation for innovation and we’re proud to be the go-to company for the delivery of major R&D projects.
Trusted by major Gas Distribution Network Operators
We have extensive experience in inventing and developing innovative solutions for the four UK Gas Distribution Network Operators under both the Innovation Funding Initiatives (IFI) and, more recently, under the Network Innovation Award (NIA).
Pioneering tomorrow’s technologies for today’s utilities and infrastructure markets
Since 2009, Synthotech has pioneered emerging technologies and developed robotic solutions for 4” to 48” pipes, focusing on providing in-pipe intelligence though visual and non-destructive assessment of the asset.
We have undertaken and successfully delivered three ground-breaking robotics projects under IFI, and two under NIA focused on asset assessment during live gas working, ensuring gas supplies to consumers are not interrupted and ground excavations are minimised, reducing environmental impacts.
Our R&D capabilities at a glance. . .
- Project / Program management.
- Promoting the concepts of Innovation and new forms of innovative R&D within the utilities industry.
- Engaging with key strategic industry partners and organisations.
- Identifying new strategic partners and organisations.
- Stimulating solution identification and development of new ideas.
- Engaging with innovation professionals globally, benchmarking and identifying best-practices.
- Developing the Innovations team at Synthotech and engaging with the industry at seminars, workshops and industry events.
Overview of our R&D process. . .
Synthotech adheres to a rigid design process plan incorporating key outputs to ensure that at every stage of an R&D project, we meet strict documentation and governance standards:
Stage 1: 3D prototype
Stage 2: Bench test prototype
Stage 3: Offline/online field trials
Stage 4: Data and product validation
Stage 5: Mobilisation