The SynthoCAM™ Range is a group of ground-breaking inspection solutions that have been designed to minimise excavation by maximising survey distance in live gas pipes.
The original system was developed in 2005 to provide a bespoke, reliable system for safe use in live gas conditions. The SynthoCAM range has grown to become the CCTV gas pipe market leader, with over 1000 systems being used globally every day.
The systems are designed and manufactured by us in-house and are approved for use on live gas in the UK and on many overseas gas distribution networks.
There are a range of systems that cover different pipe materials, sizes and pressures including:
• Metallic –1/2” to 48” / Polyethylene (PE) – 16mm to 850mm
• At operational pressures up to 4bar
• Through vertical, horizontal and axial live access systems.
Modular components as well as a range of visual display units enable the user to select the system that best meets their needs
The ServiceCAM™ Range is a live access CCTV system for use in 17.5mm to 55mm PE Services. It can survey up to 20m in a single direction and operates in pressures up to 4barg.
The ServiceCAM™ Range consists of three systems all of which can be used in PE pipes:
ServiceCAM LTE – easily and efficiently locates and traces causes of pressure issues in a 17.5mm – 32mm PE or Serviflex service and can also be used in a metallic service up to the first bend. Can be used for pressures up to 75mbar.
ServiceCAM PE+M – is based on the ServiceCAM LTE, but features the new ServiGuides which allows the user to navigate around up to 3 bends in metallic service pipes. This system also features a new tighter spring which, combined with the ServiGuides makes it easier to navigate bends. Can be used for pressures up to 75mbar.
ServiceCAM PRO – combines the new aspects of the ServiceCAM PE+M (tighter spring and ServiGuides) with a new enclosed reel that makes it easier to use especially in single person operation. The new winding reel system makes deployment and tidying up quicker and simpler. This system incorporates a meterage function that is shown on the Synthotech Display Unit (SDU), this is now easier to see in tight spaces thanks to the new adjustable mount. ServiceCAM PRO’s neat design is more compact than the other systems making it easier to store and transport. Can be used for pressures up to 4bar.
Key benefits include:
- Easy to use, single person operation.
- Cost savings are between £200 and £1,200 a use depending on the difficulty of the inspection.
- Instant in-pipe information, leading to fast diagnosis of poor pressure problems.
- Camera can be line traced.
- Battery powered – up to 5 hours use from full charge.
Suitable for use with:
- 17.5mm, 20mm, 25mm, 32mm, 40mm and 55mm solid wall PE Pipe.
- 20mm and 32mm and 40mm Serviflex flexible PE Pipe.
- ServiceCAM LTE can also be used on metallic pipe up to the first bend or round up to 3 bends with ServiceCAM PE+M or ServiceCAM PRO.
ServiceCAM™ can be inserted under live conditions into the services pipes from;
- An Emergency Control Valve (slotted and ball valve type).
- End on to a pipe (via squeeze-off and end fitting)
- House entry tee (via Stargland kit)
- 32mm top tee onto 40 and 55mm PE pipe (via Stargland kit)
SynthoCam™ is available in modular components for a range of applications and entry/exit from the main is achieved using under pressure equipment that enables the camera to be launched and retrieved under controlled ‘live’ gas conditions, without the need to isolate or interrupt the gas supply.
Download the ServiceCAM brochure
Download the SynthoCam Full Range brochure