SynthoTRAX™ is a small robotic vehicle used to survey metallic and polyethylene (PE) pipe from 12” / 250mm diameter and above. It operates in live gas up to 2barg and can survey up to 200m in each direction from each excavation.
SynthoTRAX™ can be inserted end on into a pipe via a bag off or launched vertically through a 161mm diameter or a 6” BSP drilled hole via an ALH System 3 base, Bond and Bolt, Under Pressure Tee, or a 250mm diameter branch saddle.
SynthoTRAX™ can be used by construction teams, pre-enabling teams, commissioning / assurance teams as well as re-active repair and maintenance teams.
SynthoTRAX™ uses a TITAN pan and tilt camera providing full and easy circumferential vision within the pipe. It also uses Skid steering, allowing it manoeuvrability within the pipe, it can even turn in its own foot print.
Key benefits include:
- Significantly reduces time, effort and impact on customers.
- Cost savings – from £1,000 up to £30,000 a construction job.
- Reduces mis-digs, the size of excavations and the subsequent environmental impacts.
- Can be line traced.
- Can be used for pre-enabling, surveying, construction, repair and maintenance.
- Meets UK Gas industry working procedure D7 insertion requirements.
SynthoTRAX™ can be inserted under live conditions into:
- >315mm diameter PE pipe through a 250mm diameter branch valve with a suitable through bore valve such as a Donkin 555.
- >16” diameter plus metallic pipe through an Under Pressure Tee and a suitable through bore valve such as a Donkin 555.
- end on to a pipe (via bag off and end fitting) from 250mm PE / 12” metallic.
- Vertically through an ALH System 3 valve on 24” pipe and above.
- Vertically through a Bond and Bolt on 24” pipe and above, this significantly reduces excavation sizes.
System comprises of:
- SynthoTRAX™ Crawler.
- TITAN Camera – Pan and Tilt camera head.
- SynthoTRAX™ insertion coil – 200m.
- SynthoTRAX™ recordable visual display and control unit.
- SynthoTRAX™ Insertion System.